Tooth decays and cavities can be painful, and also it can double the damage if not treated on time. Dental fillings procedure by our experts in Enviable Smiles can help in replacing your damaged teeth in a single sitting.
What is Dental Filling?
Dental fillings are a dental procedure in which the decayed or damaged tooth is replaced using special filling material. This will help in preventing further decaying of teeth. Not just that, this process can also help you in reducing the sensitivity in case of enamel loss.
How is Dental Filling Done?
The dental filling procedure involves the following steps:
- When you visit us, the doctor will evaluate the patient’s dental health condition and previous history at the initial sitting. Based on the findings, the filling material and the treatment plan are decided.
- A local anesthetic is applied to numb the area where the filling is to be applied.
- In the next step, the decayed portions of the teeth are removed, and the area is cleaned using an air or water unit.
- Then comes the time to apply the filling. It is applied in thin layers. If the decay is closer to the root, the nerves are shielded by applying a line of filling on it.
- After the filling material is applied, it is hardened using an ultraviolet curing light.
- At last, the filling will be shaped, trimmed, and polished to make it look natural.
How to Take Care of Teeth After Dental Filling Procedure?
Like any other dental procedure, it is important to take good care of your teeth after a dental filling. Following the instructions below can help you out:
- Avoid hard and sticky foods.
- Bite and chew food items slowly and carefully.
- Chew with your mouth closed
- Avoid sugary, very hot or cold food, beverages from your menu.
What are the Advantages of Dental Filling?
Here are some of the benefits that dental filling offers:
- A dental filling is one of the best options for teeth replacement.
- Halts the progression of decay in your affected teeth
- Preserve most of the tooth structure; only the decayed area is replaced.
- Need only a single sitting for the whole procedure
- Relatively durable
To learn more, call us at (281) 972-4747 or visit our practice at 9451 Cullen BLVD. STE D, Houston, TX 77051. We will be happy to guide you further.